Happy November!!! A bit belated, I am indeed aware (but I am not a were wolf) but that sentiment has twenty-five more days of relevance.
I hope all of you enjoyed your Halloween. For the first year ever, my four siblings and I partook in a themed Halloween for our costumes. We all dressed as characters from the epic Lord of the Rings Trilogy (if you have not seen all of the extended versions of all three movies, please do yourself a favor and do so.) Collectively, we represented Arwen, Gimli, Frodo, Gandalf, and a Nazgul. I'll be uploading pictures of my Arwen dress as soon as possible.
Anyway, at the end of this past summer, I leapt aboard the Doctor Who bandwagon, and boy it's a party. Siriusly, if you haven't given it a good chance (I know the cinematography and special effects, etc, are a bit, well, BBC-ish) you're missing out on a few great things:
1. Puns. They run rampant throughout the script, and everyone loves a good pun. (Or a happy medium.) Ha ha ha....hem hem.
2. Fantastically fantastic catch phrases that I swear to you will become part of your daily vocabulary. One day, they just appear and you are saying "Allons-y!" with almost as much enthusiasm as David Tennant....
3. The Whovian Bandwagon, as I mentioned, is full of wonderfully intelligent and hilarious people who are just a hoot to chit-chat with.
4. The Obvious: The Actors are kinda sorta beautiful. And who doesn't like to watch beautiful people play out their lives on the television? There are options for both the female and male genders, people.
5. Aliens. Who doesn't love them? You'll get plenty of exposure to all sorts of horrid martians (who may or may not be from Mars.)
Have I convinced you to try it? I should hope so..If you love to completely geek-out (and not in the literal sense of biting chicken heads off) with Harry Potter or Sherlock or Lord of the Rings or Dungeons and Dragons or comic books or anything else really, then you will equally love geeking out to Doctor Who. Additionally, a fun and time-consuming activity of great relevance is choosing ones Time Lord name. Mine is The Keeper. Fantastic, right?
I hope you all enjoy your Novembers for whatever they might hold.